Today in this post I will show you the best online marketing tools, so let’s start.
How do choose the best promotion methods if new online marketing tools appear every day? Which of them will immediately attract customers, and which will work for the future? You will find the answers in this article.
We have prepared a large and detailed guide to modern online marketing tools. It will help you create a promotion plan when starting a business and expand your arsenal of methods if you are already working and want more clients.
Best Internet Marketing Tools 2021
- Content Marketing
- Landing page
- Link biting
- Email marketing
- A/B testing
- Lead Magnets
- Link building
- Display advertising
- Call Tracking
- Company Page in Social Networks
let’s dive into detail.
1. Content Marketing
In this section, we will talk about the creation and promotion of content on the Internet. What is the content? These are informational materials – website, landing page, blog articles, presentations, infographics, webinars, podcasts, and more.
The principle of content marketing is as follows :
Potential customers see, read, use your content, thanks to this, their trust in the company increases, and these people become buyers in the future.
An important component of content marketing is content promotion. For a customer to rate an article or infographic, they must first see it.
There are many content marketing tools, below we will talk about the main ones.
- It can be called a real online office of the company. As a content marketing tool, the site should solve the following tasks:
- to tell about the product in the client’s world;
- provide evidence: customer reviews, product videos, test results, certificates;
- answer the questions;
- give clear information about cost, terms of payment, and delivery.
- If you are not yet sure that you need a website or are just testing a niche, it makes sense to start with another practical online marketing tool landing page.
3. Landing Page Online Marketing Tool
The peculiarity of the landing page is that it is created for a specific request. Therefore, the landing page usually contains one proposal.
Most often, visitors are brought to a landing page using contextual and targeted advertising. Or using email campaigns when you already have your own subscriber base.
Offer impulse-demand products – use a landing page to sell. If customers make a purchase decision for a long time, it will not work to sell head-on.
In this case, the task of the landing page is to collect contact information, leads, with which sales managers and marketers will then work.
Landing page features:
- has one sentence and targeted action. That is, if you have five products, you create five landing pages;
- contains an offer or selling offer. The landing page doesn’t just describe the product, it gives an incentive to buy: a discount, a free test drive;
- it is built according to a template and has standard blocks: product description, benefits, handling objections, customer reviews, selling offers.
This is the channel of communication between the company and the audience. It helps to shape the image and attract search traffic by responding to users’ information requests. The blog can be posted on the website and on external sites.
How To Use a Blog as An Online Marketing Tool?
- create unique content and attract visitors from search engines;
- publish useful, expert-level content and gain audience trust;
- talk about product features to allay customer concerns;
- introduce readers to new products and generate demand.
In order for a visitor to read the article, buy a product or register for a trial period, you need to work with it. To do this, they place an order form on the blog, offer to subscribe to an email newsletter, and, using letters, lead to a purchase, use remarketing, and other tools.
Once again, the results of blogging are not immediately visible. This also applies to SEO traffic and building the image of an expert company.
5. Webinar – One of the Best Online Marketing Tool
You can conduct presentations, training courses, conferences, surveys online. And broadcast webinars both live and recorded.
How to use webinars to solve content marketing challenges?
- draw attention to the product and replenish the lead base;
- present the product and get feedback from the audience;
- talk about the features of the product and allay the concerns of potential customers.
6. Link Biting
This online marketing tool allows you to get backlinks to your site thanks to content that readers will want to share themselves.
Examples of materials that are most willingly shared:
- articles “N + ways to learn something”;
- provocative materials;
- a selection of useful tools;
- online calculators and tests;
- holding competitions and so on.
Distinguish between white and black link biting. The purpose of black link biting is to get links. It does not create value for readers and often takes someone else’s content as a basis. The goal of white link biting is to get links, as well as provide value to visitors and draw attention to a product.
7. Email Marketing
With the help of email marketing, products and services are promoted through newsletters. Its main tasks: convert visitors into buyers, stimulate repeat purchases, keep in touch with customers. Below we will talk about its main tools.
This is the division of the subscriber base into groups. They mainly use the following criteria:
- place of residence;
- Interests and hobbies;
- behavior on the site: what sections the person looked at, what products he chose;
- behavior in mailings: openings, clicks on links in the letter;
- shopping frequency and so on.
- Segmentation helps to prepare relevant offers and thereby increase the conversion rate of your newsletter.
Sending letters by a mailing service at a specific time and in accordance with a given condition is called automation. The simplest example of a condition: if a customer added an item to the cart and did not pay for it, send him a reminder to complete the purchase within 24 hours.
Automation helps solve several problems:
- send hundreds of emails throughout the day without the direct involvement of an email marketer;
- personalize messages based on subscriber behavior, for example, like this: “Irene, yesterday you downloaded a list of 180 popular French phrases. Today we will tell you how to remember them faster ”;
- nurturing leads with a welcome series of emails
- increase the open rate of mailings by resending a letter to those who have not opened the previous one;
- retain subscribers with automated reactivation email chains.
Automatic mailings save time, but they still need to be monitored so that the client does not receive too many emails and the trigger conditions are triggered correctly.
At first glance, automation can seem daunting. But such mailings are rarely implemented all at once. Starting with a welcome series, for example, you can go through the settings and then implement more complex scripts.
8. A/B testing
It helps you measure the effectiveness of email marketing by testing two options. In practice, A/B testing works like this: the marketer prepares two letters and sends them to small groups from the database. The email that worked best for the small group is sent to the remaining subscribers.
What to test in emails:
- subject line;
- content formats: text, video, infographics;
- link design: anchor text and link, button;
- call to action;
- type of buttons and other parameters.
9. Lead Magnets
A gift that motivates you to sign up for a newsletter is called a lead magnet. What do companies offer to potential subscribers? Discount on your first purchase, product-related mini-books, checklists, or a trial lesson.
The lead magnet helps to solve several problems:
- motivates to subscribe to the newsletter;
- shows the company’s expertise – through a book or advice;
- gives you a “try” product for free.
10. SEO is Main Online Marketing Tool
This is one of the main tools for promoting internet marketing, which helps to promote the site in the search engine results. SEO includes internal website optimization and getting links from other resources.
Internal SEO optimization:
The goal of internal optimization is to make the site meet the requirements of search engines. This will help it to rank correctly for search queries and move to the top of the search results.
What needs to be optimized on the site:
- indexing pages;
- content on pages – headings, subheadings, pictures, links;
- meta description tags;
- structured data markup;
- hierarchy and navigation on the site;
- URL of pages;
- display on mobile devices and other parameters.
11. Link Building
This type of SEO optimization deals with getting inbound links to a website. With the change in Google algorithms, the introduction of the Penguin algorithm, the influence of links on the ranking of sites has decreased. But inbound links are one of the main sources of traffic to the site. Therefore, the growth of inbound links remains an effective tool for online marketing.
Link building methods:
- guest posts;
- link biting;
- commenting on articles on blogs;
- participation in ratings;
- registration in catalogs, marketplaces, and others.
One of the main online marketing tools is paid to advertise. It allows you to immediately get traffic to the site, landing page, page in social networks. Advertising works for goods and services for which there is a generated demand: clothing, cosmetics, books, appliances, and more. Below we will tell you about the main types of paid advertising.
Contextual advertising :
These are ads that are displayed in response to user queries in search engines. They use Google Ads to launch ads.
With the help of contextual advertising, the following tasks are solved:
- getting traffic to the site when it starts;
- testing the demand for a product or business niche;
- increased traffic in niches with high competition, where it is difficult to take high positions in the search results;
- promotion of one-time promotions and others.
Remember, working with any online marketing tool that requires an investment of money must be approached with intelligence and care. To work with contextual advertising too.
Display Advertising :
It includes paid placement of text ads, banners, videos on third-party resources. To launch advertising, they use the Google display network, advertising on Internet portals.
Display advertising helps:
- increase brand awareness;
- attract the attention of a large audience;
- increase sales during promotions;
- generate demand for a new product.
Placement on trading platforms and price aggregators :
Online stores that sell products can receive most of their traffic from price aggregators and marketplaces – Amazon, E-Bay, Etsy, Shopify, Bigcommerce, Craigslist, Zibbet, Jet, eBid, Bonanza, Rakuten.
The difference between aggregators and platforms is that the price aggregator transfers the visitor to the online store, and information about the store’s products is posted on the trading platform, and you can buy them here.
Placing an online store on marketplaces and price aggregators makes it possible to:
- sell products in a highly competitive niche;
- get an additional source of traffic;
- sell products without your website.
Analytics is a tool without which effective work on the Internet is impossible. Analytics helps to evaluate the effectiveness of the site, contextual and display advertising, free online marketing tools. In this section, we’ll cover three tools that every online store needs. These are Google Analytics and call tracking.
Google Analytics can be considered as an online marketing tool
Google Analytics service helps analyze user behavior on the website and in mobile applications. Even the best online marketing tools will be ineffective if you don’t know how they work for your audience and website. Therefore, analytics is an indispensable tool for internet marketers.
In Google Analytics, you can:
- track the actions of visitors on the site;
- count the conversion at each stage of the sales funnel: visit the site, download materials, register, purchase, repeat purchases;
- compare the effectiveness of different promotion channels;
- analyze the actions of visitors in real-time;
- create your own reports and solve other problems.
14. Call Tracking Online Marketing Tool
Not all customers decide to buy a product after seeing an advertisement or reading the information on the site.
Many purchases, especially in online stores, are made after a call and conversation with the manager. To track and analyze calls on the site, call tracking services are used.
Call tracking helps to get answers to questions:
- what kind of ad led to the call – contextual ad, the article in a magazine, offline ad;
- how the new online marketing tool worked compared to the old ones;
- what ad or banner the client saw;
- how the salesperson spoke to the customer.
By analyzing call sources, you can choose more effective advertising channels. An audio recording of conversations helps you understand what can be improved in the salesperson’s work – responsiveness, product knowledge, or perhaps the ability to deal with customer objections.
15. SMM – Promotion in Social Networks
The video hosting platform Youtube also belongs to the SMM tools.
16. YouTube – Online Video Marketing Tool
A company’s Youtube channel can be not only a repository of corporate videos but also a tool for attracting customers.
There are several strategies for promoting a company on Youtube:
- paid advertising;
- creating a community around your channel;
- cooperation with popular video bloggers.
For paid advertising, it is enough to create a short and bright video, publish it, and launch an advertisement. Community building is long-term work. It takes a lot of effort and investment in video creation and promotion.
17. Company Page in Social Networks
The page is the company’s official communication channel in social networks. It is created on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin.
What tasks the page on social networks helps to solve:
- gathers a permanent audience around the brand;
- serves as a landing page for advertising on social networks;
- gives the business a “human face”.
Groups in social networks:
Essentially, groups and communities are the company’s social media blog. Why does a business need groups on social networks:
- keep users and search engines interested in your company;
- A platform for promoting webinars, courses, and other events;
- the ability to communicate with the audience: conduct polls, contests;
- technical support and communication with users.
In this post, we tried to tell you how online marketing tools work. Now you know that some of them, for example, contextual advertising, have a quick effect. But most of the promotion work, for example, SEO, promotion of pages and groups in social networks, a channel on Youtube, is work for the future.
There is a third type of tool – email marketing belongs to them. It increases the return on other promotion methods, namely: it helps to convert more traffic, drive website visitors to buy, and increase repeat sales.